Material Engineering using Digimat-MF & Digimat-MX
Digimat-MF; The Mean-Field homogenization software aims at predicting the nonlinear mechanical, thermal and electric behavior of multi-phase materials based on the constitutive properties of the base materials and the composite morphology (inclusion weight fraction, length and orientation).
Digimat-MX; The Material eXpert system, is used to prepare, to store, to retrieve and to securely exchange DIGIMAT material models between material suppliers and end-users, while protecting the Intellectual Property of the involved parties. Digimat-MX is based on a cluster of material databases and the numerical tools needed to identify material law parameters and to reverse engineer missing data from a limited set of experimental measurements.
Advanced Analysis of Composite Materials & Structures using Digimat-MF and Digimat to RADIOSS
Digimat to RADIOSS is the interface that strongly couples Digimat-MF to RADIOSS via the USER DEFINED MATERIAL capability. Digimat-MF is provided as a software library that is linked to RADIOSS to offer a strong multi-scale coupling between the nonlinear micromechanical material modeling capabilities of Digimat-MF and the nonlinear explicit FEA capabilities of RADIOSS. Digimat to RADIOSS interface allows RADIOSS users to perform accurate explicit FEA of composite structures using Digimat-MF to model the nonlinear, anisotropic and rate-dependent behavior of the composite material at each relevant integration point of RADIOSS FE mesh.
Bridging the gap between Injection Molding (Moldex-3D) and Structural FEA (RADIOSS)
DIGIMAT is the industry standard for the modeling of reinforced plastic parts taking into account fiber orientation from injection molding. DIGIMAT interfaces to injection molding codes (ex: Moldex-3D) and RADIOSS enable RADIOSS users to perform accurate and efficient FEA of fiber reinforced plastic parts where DIGIMAT is used to model the nonlinear, anisotropic and rate-dependent behavior of the material also taking into account the fiber orientation, residual stresses and temperatures predicted by the injection molding simulation tool, locally on the structure.
Predictive Failure of Reinforced Plastic Parts
DIGIMAT to RADIOSS enables an accurate prediction of the failure of reinforced plastic parts subject to impact loading. This is possible thanks to Digimat-MF's capabilities to model:
- Rate-dependent (i.e. visco-elastic and elasto-viscoplastic) material response
- Material anisotropy induced by the reinforcement (e.g. fibers) orientation
- Local material heterogeneity induced by the underlying material microstructure (i.e. fiber length, fiber content
Nonlinear Multi-Scale Modeling Technology
- Linear & nonlinear quasi-static (E, EP)
- Nonlinear with damage (EP with Lemaitre–Chaboche damage)
- Nonlinear dynamics (i.e. strain rate dependency: VE, EVP, VE-VP)
Failure at composite, phase and/or pseudo-grain levels.
- Unidirectional laminates
- Discontinuous (short or long fibers with orientation distribution obtained from injection molding simulation)
- Linear & nonlinear stiffness
- Drop test simulation response
- Crash & failure prediction etc
- Improve Material Understanding
- Reduce Material Testing
- Optimize Composite Structures
- Optimize the Process for Material / Part Performance